PITTI FILATI FAIR, WINTER 14/15
Florence, July 3, 4, 5, 2013
New at the yarn fair, the KNITCLUB grouped together 5 high quality, Italian knitters.
Conceived by Angelo Figus on the theme of love.
Samples were shown in cut-out hearts
The mannequins in the gallery continued with each theme : Friendship, Animal, Nature, Narciso, Mother, Lovers, Misericordia, Romance, In bed, Adam & Eve, Modern, Sensual, Pop.
FEEL THE YARN
The International Master and Contest for future knitwear designers
A contest and show of student designs from international fashion schools and universities organized by ORNELLA BIGNAMI : Royal College of Art, Kingston University, Hochschule Niederrhein, Academia di Costume e di Moda, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Naba Nuova Academia Di Belle Arti Milano, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology, Bunka Fashion College.
Our favorites were Yiyi Guo with her multicolored, fantastic knits, Janni Annina Vepsalaien with her dynamic stripes and Wai Kit Wan with his futurist warriors.
The first prize was awarded to Yiyi Guo !
As with each season, the MILLE FILLI stand featured origami-folders, manufacturers of personalized erasers, silhouette portraitists (profile cut-outs), vegetable sculptors …
A color range on a wall in a « post-it cobblestones» could be removed.
Plus more novelty yarns.
An upcycling vintage mood in the relaxation area with reworked, designer armchairs.
OUR FAVORITE YARNS
- Smooth chenilles and plush yarns from BE MI VA plus their fine merino and baby alpaca wools.
- Brushed, bouclé mohairs resembling astrakhan and metallics without metal by MISTER JOE
- New, thick mohair yarns at FILCLASS
- Mossy look wools at ZEGNA BARUFFA
- A luminous, black GLOW yarn by FILPUCCI
- Soft Shetland yarns in acidic brights at OLIMPIAS
- Saxon by DI.VE, a graded, colored yarn obtained with a single color
- Sumptuous, multicolored yarns from NORO in a cashmere, alpaca, silk and washi blend (from ganpi bark)
- Natural, organic, ecological wools from SESIA
- Linen/mohair and linen/alpaca blends from LINIFICIO CANAPIFICIO NAZIONALE
- Heavy-gauge alpaca and merino from IAFIL
- Subtle thrown yarns from MIROGLIO
We couldn’t miss
- The IL FIORE DEL COTONE exhibit and THE COTTON MUSEUM OF CAIRO book published by FILMAR
- The BOND-IN AMERICANA exhibit by designer Edward Buchanan on the DYLOAN STUDIO stand : bonded, handknit models with impeccable, futurist finishings.
- The Peclers Paris WOMEN’S FASHION AND KNITWEAR TRENDS conference.