TISSU PREMIER TRADE FAIR
FALL-WINTER 2012/2013, Lille, June 15-16, 2011
A change of dates for the season’s first fabric fair that used to be held in early September and, despite initial doubts, seduced buyers for both short and long-term deliveries.
A business atmosphere and a VIP welcome for all visitors !
PECLERS PARIS : A Winter 12/13 fashion and fabric preview linked with collections shown at the fair.
TREND UNION : Tinctorial, natural colors and presentation of the Heartwear project.
NELLY RODI : Home decoration and atmosphere.
KEY POINTS : COLORS AND FABRICS
- Bright-colored wool suitings : orange, turquoise and bright pink for little coats in a 60’s mood.
- Warm yellows, honeys, bronzes and rusts worked on all grounds : knits and fluid, slippery satins, woolens and metallics all the way to gold in a glamour version.
- A focus on bright, deep crimson reds, carmine and burgundy, ultra-feminine or graphic, casual fluids.
- Essential black, either precious or sporty.
- Violets continue fairly soft or else grayed, vintage and romantic for pleats and ruffles in a couture mood.
- The follow-up to flesh-toned, powdery colors on satins, pongés and ultra-feminine crepes.
- A natural, light, ecological mood in gray and mastic flannels, shearling fake furs and technical fabrics.
- Woody browns are confirmed on leather looks and shearlings.
- The return of gray and the follow-up to greenish blues for winter cottons and natural, authentic denims.
- A focus on velvet, either flat or in thin, clean corduroys.
- Heavy, colorful, textured weaves resembling handwovens.
KEY POINTS : PRINTED MOTIFS AND YARN-DYES
- A follow-up to summer, giant flowers like immense placed motifs which, once manufactured, becomes abstract and natural or luminous and unreal
- Naturalist prints : feathers and birds from our gardens.
- Arabesques and interlacings in a William Morris style in grayed and faded tones.
- Asian or Japanese-style flowers in « kimono » placements on lightweight silkies.
- Geometrics are worked this season in micro-tie prints or macro two and three-tones in a Bauhaus mood.
- Very visual and junior stripes, stars, dots and typographies or pop and signal two-tones
- Classic or simplified, bright clan plaids and tartans
- An ethnic influence : Persian tapestry jacquards and Indian blankets
IN CONCLUSION :
A winter season that is either colorful, cheerful and dynamic, natural and calm or extremely feminine and glamorous.