LE CUIR A PARIS - LEATHER TRADE FAIR - PARIS SEPTEMBER 20-22
A fairly calm season with less effects and more colors … beautiful materials in natural colors.
A profusion of browns, chestnuts, beiges. Even blacks seem absent.
Fur appears to be less present, giving way to smooth skins.
Patent effects have almost disappeared.
We see newer, washable leathers for ready-to-wear : polo shirts, T-shirts, skirts …
An interesting inspiration in the forum with vegetable-tanned furniture skins and rough leathers.
Key points and novelties:
- Golden or colored metallic « silkscreen » effects on smooth black skins.
- Custom-made perforations can be created with one’s own motifs.
- Smooth lambskins are worked with subtle, pearlized or coppery shine.
- Oiled, thick, young bull leathers worked in dense, refined tones : teal blues, plums and browns.
- Natural indigo, lotus and rice dyes plus tie-dye effects on sueded and bleached skins.
- Washed out, brushed, plushy effects on thick leathers.