The richness of Eastern cultures and the authenticity of a fantasized country life provide a dramatic impetus to counter the monotony of mundane existence and enliven our daily lives.
1. Recent adaptations of "Wuthering Heights" and "Jane Eyre" by the Brontë Sisters inidicate a renewed interest in passionate romanticism.
2. "Young farmers" in the USA are going back to their ancestral lands to farm. Beetlebung Farm redefines rural life as modern and sophisticated. 3. "Nostalgia, the Russian Empire of Czar Nicholas II" is a book whose photos show the incredible wealth of the esthetics of that period.
At the crossroads of imperial preciousness, Muzhik authenticity and bohemian folklore, products rooted in Slavic generosity to charmingly transform the ordinary.
1. The Datcha chic spirit, rocking chair designed by Dave Green
2. Treasure pouch in precious brocade, Dries Van Noten
3. Czarina-style jewelled comb, Brook&Lyn and Jujumade