To counter today’s atmosphere of chaos, there is a strong desire to promote an ideal of absolute beauty containing just the right balance of excellence and simplicity.
1. Sensual minimalism at Camelia, the restaurant in the Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
2. The art of transcending material. Mango Cremeux from "La Pâtisserie des Rêves", Paris, by Philippe Conticini.
3. The " couture " spirit is back with its savvy mix of simplicity and ultra sophistication, initiated by Raf Simons prior to joining Dior.
Modern romanticism that combines pure lines and sensuality to magnify the every day.
1. Pastry chef design: " Bloom " cooker with satiny effects by E.Azzimonti and " Sinus ", a suspension with unctuous lines by P.Christiansen.
2. Mellow padding, designer curves and precious touches. Christopher Jenner’s restructuring project for Eurostar.
3. Stylized romanticism, JW Anderson Resort 2013.