Our expert and director of Knit, Cut & Sew trend book, Gabrielle Baggio, visited the Pitti Filati FW24-25 show in Florence and gives you her analysis.
“Into The Wild” is the theme of this 91st edition of Pitti Filati.
“We live in a wild age. (…) An era of progress and performance where everything is “wild”, the economy, finance, politics, communication, and interpersonal relations. Even our desire, our attempt to be constantly connected with everything and everyone is fractured. The metaverse, already a reality for some time but never formalized, becomes a new wilderness to explore.
The wild is the complete harmony of Man with nature, which shows that only the external forces lead Man to brutality.”
The fair is back in its splendor in the heart of the Fortezza del Basso in Florence on 2 levels and articulated around several spaces.
- FEEL THE CONTEST: a space dedicated to the 5 finalists of the contest whose topic was sustainability: “Feel the green”.
- RESEARCH AREA: a forum around the theme “wild” and presentation of the season’s trends.
- 3D IS THE FUTURE: a space invested by D-house by DYLOAN whose concept combines traditional manufacturing with innovative and responsible materials and where innovation allows to improve effects and functions.
- INDIGO EDEN: a capsule collection by Alessio Berto built with full awareness of the future that takes into account the ancient cultures affected by the ecological consequences of the textile sector.
- CUSTOM EASY: a group of companies that can present their work around the customization of knitwear.
An important point raised on the majority of the stands: the problem of the supply of raw materials, consequence of the COVID-19. (Delayed shearing of animals, process starting from 0, longer delays…)
An important point on sustainable fibers and traceability of natural fibers.
Even if this new demand complicates a lot of the manufacturers (important cost, difficult clear traceability, new regular certifications), the evolution towards better general transparency in the sector continues to progress.
The manufacturers try to adapt to the general increase in the prices of the raw material by proposing compositions with mixtures of fibers just as qualitative and more affordable.
We also see a focus on viscose with certification because it is a polluting fiber.
FALSE SEMBLANCE TWEED WARP AND WEFT
GEOMETRIC FINE GAUGE
FAVORITE – COCOON STRIPES
A rich and inspiring season for this major knitwear trade show. The manufacturers offer us collections always more colorful with a choice of fair and modern ranges, and fancy yarns always more attractive!
Exclusif content for Peclers+ membersREAD MORE